Eleven governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on the night of Sunday, February 4, met with the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party in a closed door meeting in Asaba, Delta state to reportedly discuss the 2019 election.
The governors in attendance were:
1. Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state
2. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state
3. Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa state
4. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state
5. Alhaji Hassan Damkwambo of Gombe state
6. David Umahi of Ebonyi state
7. Udom Emmanuel of Akwa-Ibom state
8. Darius Ishaku of Taraba state 9. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu state
10. Ben Ayade of Cross Rivers state
11. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state
It has been previously reported that PDP described a statement credited to Ibrahim Babangida urging President Muhammadu Buhari not seek a re-election in 2019 as an indication that Nigerians across divides have reached a consensus against the All Progressives Congress (APC) administration.
The party in a statement on Sunday, February 4, by its national publicity secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, said the fact that Babangida’s declaration is coming on the heels of similar declaration by former president Olusegun Obasanjo, has vindicated its position on the current administration and the APC.